Board of Trustees Election
May 11, 2013
Polling Places | News
San Jacinto College will hold an election for two of the seven positions on the Board of Trustees. The Board of Trustees functions as the governing board for the San Jacinto Community College District.
Early voting is April 29 through May 7, 2013, with Election Day on May 11. Eligible Texans who are not yet registered to vote must register by April 11, 2013 to vote in the May 11, 2013 election. Visit the Secretary of State election website for more information.
To locate your Precinct Number please visit the Harris County Clerk website.
The first day to file an application for a place on the ballot is Wednesday, January 30, 2013, and the last day is Friday, March 1, 2013 at 5 p.m. The location for filing for the election is the San Jacinto Community College District Sewell Administration Building located at 4624 Fairmont Parkway in Pasadena. The hours for filing are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Those who wish to run for election to the San Jacinto Community College District Board of Trustees must meet the following requirements:
- Must have lived continuously in one of the independent school districts comprising the San Jacinto Community College District six months prior to the last date on which the candidate could file to be listed on the ballot;
- Must have lived continuously in Texas for 12 months preceding the filing deadline;
- Must be a qualified voter;
- Must be 18 years of age or older;
- Must be a U.S. citizen;
- Must not be a convicted felon;
- Must be aware of the nepotism law;
- Must serve without compensation;
- Must not have been determined mentally incompetent by a final judgment of a court.
Information will be posted as it is received.